Sunday, November 8, 2015

lots of sock news...


 Everyone knows how much I'm loving sock yarn these days. A lot. It's a good thing too, because I've been busy doing lots of sock things (and dreaming of more still!)

I'm pretty excited that I can finally tell you about a couple of them too...


These are one of my favourite pairs of socks. I knit them years ago, with Viola Sock, in a simple rib that has become my go-to sock style. I wear these all the time, and they certainly have stood the test of time. These socks have survived traipsing across Exmoor in my Blundstones. That's some sturdy sock yarn! Since this groundbreaking pair of socks, I've repeated this pattern countless times (socks being a favourite gift of mine) and I got to thinking that it was time I shared the pattern. So that's what I'm doing...

My favourite sock pattern will make it's debut as a reward in my Kickstarter Campaign (launching mid November). It will be available as a PDF as well as in a kit featuring 1 main colour and 2 carefully chosen contrast colours. The best thing about knitting these socks is mixing and matching toe and heel colours...and I'm pretty excited about the colour combos I've dreamed up! 

In addition to some fun sock kits, you will be able to order skeins of sock yarn in a selection of favourite Viola colourways, ready to be knit into anything your heart desires! You can't loose!


There will be a sock reward option for everyone, and I'm looking forward to sharing one of my favourite Viola yarns, and favourite projects. Stay tuned for more Kickstarter previews and news, there's lots more great stuff to come!


Of course, if you're in Toronto, you won't have to wait very long to get another taste of my favourite yarn. Many of you may already know that the Purple Purl is celebrating their 8th anniversary Sunday November the 15th. There will be a LOT of Viola Sock there too (wahoo!)


I had lots of fun dyeing all these goodies for the Purl. If you're in the Toronto area, be sure to visit the Purple Purl Sunday November the 15th to see these babies in person (along with a whole wack of Merino Singles 4 ply too!)


All this sock chatter has got me thinking (along with the encouraging suggestion from Ravellers) that it's high time for a sock KAL. And so, following the fun and success of out Breaking into the Pretty KAL, I'm saying let's have a sock KAL! The Super Slouch Socks are a great idea, and were the prize giveaway for everyone who finished the last KAL, but any sock would do! 

Phew, I don't think even I could handle any more sock news in one post. So I shall leave you with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment