Sunday, January 24, 2016

January Sky

January is almost gone (already!) It went by in a flash for me, likely because there were so many big and exciting things going on...shed building, fabric printing, sticker painting, yarn dyeing, mini skein making, pattern writing and book printing and...you get the idea. I worked like a maniac on Kickstarter rewards, and had a blast doing it! Amongst those rewards is the first ever Viola yarn club.


I am really excited about this club- it's very close to my heart. Members will receive 4 lots of yarn throughout 2016. Each package will contain 3 skeins of Mooresburg DK in a completely exclusive club colourway! Each of the four colourways will be inspired by the season in Mooresburg. The first installment was sent out just this week, a few of those packages may have even reached their new homes by now!


I've called this colourway January Sky, and I'm sure you've figured out why. When I returned to Canada last winter, my first memories of Mooresburg and Canada were silvery blue skies, full of snow and ice and wind and beautiful clouds. I love winter sunrises, when the night's frost sparkles in a hint of warm low light. Golden, pink and peach fading into mauve. Mooresburg has great big skies and amazing sunrises!


And so I set about putting all of those colours onto some yarn. There are tiny mauve and golden hints on a greyed out icy blue colour. January Sky is very subtle and soft, but just like a grey winter sky, is full of colour upon closer inspection. Hope all the club members out there enjoy it!




Next up will be Spring. I have a few ideas, but have to wait for the season to arrive before I will know what comes next. I'm having loads of fun with this club, what took me so long to get round to this?!

4 comments:

  1. Is it too late to sign up for the club?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, I'm afraid it is too late to join this club, but I will most certainly be offering more clubs in the future !

      Delete
  2. Thank you...I'll keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 27 Body Transformation Habits You Can’t Ignore Review

    Weight loss can be challenging for many people. It can be confusing in terms of what you should and shouldn't do. Eating healthy and working out are a great start, but it's important to understand how to do that safely. Sometimes, it's a matter of changing just a few simple things. These simple tips can help get you going in the right direction.

    http://coopersdivertimento.com/27-body-transformation-habits-you-cant-ignore-review/

    ReplyDelete