Monday, February 1, 2016

I almost kept this...part 2...

As promised, I'm back today with even MORE yarn that I really want to keep all to myself. Today has been a busy day of labeling, photographing, tagging and me daydreaming about yarn and colour combinations...what else is new?!

In honour of the garter triangle I just finished knitting in Mohair Lace and Merino Lace, I've dyed up lots and lots of Merino Lace for tomorrow's update! I know how intimidating lace weight yarns can be; small needles (or hook!) tiny stitches, it all takes ages and is so delicate and... (I've heard all the excuses). I'm telling you, it's worth conquering your lace fears for this combo! Held together, the two yarns are not intimidating in the least. They produce a light-as-air soft, squishy and warm fabric that knits up super quick! So if lace weight yarn was on your 2016 to do list, now's the time...

These are my favourite Merino Lace colours coming up...

Amaranth

Mineral

Elephant
I love dyeing Merino Lace. Colours always come out rich, unexpectedly speckled and glowing. I've dyed up a lovely selection of neutrals, to provide lots of choice for holding double with mohair.  I've also dyed up a little more Grafitti, a colourway in development that I am getting really excited about...


Every colour is so complex on this base that no two skeins could ever be the same. I find myself undoing skeins to admire little sections of colour.

Eclipse Merino Fingering

There will also be a really fun selection of Eclipse colourways appearing tomorrow.  Pictured above is the exact colour I used to knit this little gem of a baby cardi...

pattern coming soon...

I seriously LOVED knitting this little thing. The colour was such a dream, and even I saw new wonders in it once I started to knit...and I made it for heaven's sake! There are 3 more skeins of this colour ready to find new homes tomorrow, along with lots more brilliant Eclipse colours in Merino Fingering, Polwarth + Alpaca, MCN Worsted and Merino Singles 4ply.

And last but not least, there will be sweater quantities of the beloved MCN Worsted! It was a late entry, which is the reason I have not mentioned it until now...but here it is...

Garden Ghost


Righto, These are my favourites, and it seriously was a struggle to part with them. Hope to see you for tomorrow's etsy update @3PM EST!

No comments:

Post a Comment